Nonprofits and volunteers strengthen our community tremendously. The Volunteer Center’s goal is to be the hub of volunteer activity in Brown County, not merely by helping volunteers find a home, but through helping nonprofits continue their meaningful and vital work.
We serve all nonprofits of Brown County by raising awareness about your organization, its mission, and your volunteer needs. But, for just $250 per calendar year, we offer an enhanced level of service through our affiliate partner program, which features numerous ways we can help make your connection with volunteers easy.
Read on to learn how the Volunteer Center can help your organization!
of current affiliate partners say their organization
has benefited from volunteer referrals as a result of their affiliation with the Volunteer Center
Benefits of Being an Affiliate Partner
New and Updated Benefits for 2020:
- Volunteer opportunities now posted by agencies on their Get Connected agency page will be seen by students, faculty, and staff at UWGB through a new partnership with their Student Life department.
- Invitation to our free Affiliate Partner Appreciation Event
- Coffee & Collaboration: Meeting quarterly, this group is designed to foster conversation and potential partnerships between nonprofit partners of the Volunteer Center. Attendees will have a chance to speak about their organization, learn from other nonprofits, and share best practices, successes, and challenges. Volunteer Center staff will craft future meetings to focus on specific topics with area speakers (HR, financial planning, volunteer recruitment, etc.). This group is designed to be a casual way to meet other nonprofits and share ideas and awareness.
- Free entry into our 3rd Annual Community-Wide Volunteer Expo
- Affiliate partners now have the opportunity to access Foundations in Wisconsin: A Directory online to assist them with their grant research. It is the only directory of its kind which covers every active, grant-making foundation in the state of Wisconsin. 1,234 foundations are profiled, including contact information, total assets, grants paid, and areas of interest. We will provide login information once we receive affiliate payment.
- Affiliates always receive top priority for volunteer recruitment and placement.
- Unlimited postings in Volunteer Connect, the weekly e-newsletter that reaches over 6,300 people
- Unlimited postings in The Volunteer Times, a monthly listing of volunteer opportunities that goes out to hundreds of corporate partners and volunteers
- The Volunteer Center proactively reaches out to corporate groups, religious groups, universities, and other schools and organizations on behalf of affiliate partners.
- Unlimited listings on the Volunteer Center’s volunteer recruiting portal (Get Connected) and staff support to manage your agency
- Unlimited listings in the Helping Hands section of the Green Bay Press-Gazette
- Unlimited posts on our Facebook page, which has over 4,000 followers
Recognition, Marketing and Social Media:
- Dedicated page on the Volunteer Center website listing affiliate partners only, which includes each organization’s logo (linked to their agency on Get Connected), as well as ‘donate’ and ‘volunteer’ buttons, which are linked directly to the organization’s website
- Recognition of an affiliate partner weekly in our e-newsletter (Volunteer Connect), on Facebook (either as a regular post or as a Facebook Live), and in the Helping Hands section of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. This will include the organization’s logo, as well as a brief description of their mission and current volunteer opportunities.
- Receive priority when requesting the Volunteer of the Week, which is widely promoted in the Volunteer Connect, on social media, and in Helping Hands
- To better utilize Facebook, the Volunteer Center may “tag” affiliate partners in our Facebook postings of volunteer opportunities, upcoming events, and special announcements.
- An updated resource library on the Volunteer Center’s website, where affiliate partners can access documents related to recruitment, retention, and best practices, and also update their contact information quickly and securely
- Personal and monthly check-ins with affiliates throughout the year
- Affiliates may receive event photography support, if available.
- Board member recruitment support and placement assistance
- Access to the Workplace Volunteer Council via listings and presentation
Yes, I want to become an affiliate partner!
To take advantage of all these great benefits and become an affiliate partner, please follow these simple steps:
- Pay the $250 affiliate partnership fee by clicking the button at right or mail a check to the Volunteer Center.
- Fill out the affiliate partnership form, found here.
- Email your logo to Melissa Jagodinsky.
- Create a Get Connected agency profile, if your organization does not currently have one. Click here to get started. Please reach out to Melissa Jagodinsky if you are unsure if your organization has a profile.
That’s all there is to it! Once all four steps are completed, we will be in contact with you.
We look forward to partnering with your organization to help raise its profile and get you the volunteers you need for the important work you do.
If you have questions about
the affiliate partner program,
please contact Melissa Jagodinsky
at (920) 429-9445.
“Becoming an affiliate partner of the Volunteer Center has dramatically increased our volunteer base. The volunteers we have had the pleasure of working with are exceptionally passionate about making a difference in their community and have become regulars at On Broadway. The Volunteer Center continues to be a valuable source for our organization to recruit dedicated volunteers, and we are grateful for this resource that allows us to continue executing projects that make the Broadway District a great place to be.”Sam M.,
Volunteer Coordinator, On Broadway