September 23, 2021
Two sessions offered: 9:00-11:30 a.m. and 3:30-6:00 p.m.
KI Convention Center, Downtown Green Bay
This fun, family-friendly event was hosted by the Volunteer Center of Brown county and presented by Fox Communities Credit Union. More than 300 members of our community who have been thinking about volunteering, but weren’t sure which organization was right for them had the opportunity to enjoy networking and conversation with more than 45 local nonprofits. They were able to learn more about the valuable work each organization does and discover ways to strengthen our community by giving of their time and talents. Participants enjoyed light snacks and refreshments, and morning and afternoon sessions were offered. New this year, several organizations provided hands-on volunteer projects where individuals were able to connect and give back on the spot!
Scroll to the bottom for a list of organizations that participated.
Thank you to everyone who joined us, as well as the volunteers who helped the day run smoothly and the organizations who staffed tables!
Back-to-School Book Drive
Reading Coaches for Kids, a program of the Volunteer Center of Brown County, collected donations of new and gently used children’s books to share with kids in our community. Learn more about Reading Coaches here (and consider becoming one!).
Click an organization’s name to view their Get Connected profile and their volunteer needs.
- AARP Tax Aide Foundation
- Acts 1:8 Ministry
- Aging & Disability Resource Center of Brown County
- American Red Cross
- AseraCare Hospice
- Aurora at Home Hospice
- Bellin Health
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
- Bristol Hospice
- Brown County Health and Human Services Department
- Circles Green Bay
- Community Benefit Tree
- Creative Kids Rock
- Discover Green Bay
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin
- Film Green Bay
- Firefly Acres Horse Farm
- Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance
- Freedom House Ministries
- Friends of the Brown County Library
- Girls on the Run Northeast Wisconsin
- Golden House
- Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity and ReStore
- Greater Green Bay YMCA
- Green Bay Area Newcomers and Neighbors
- Green Bay Botanical Garden
- Heartland Hospice
- House of Hope
- Literacy Green Bay
- Lovin’ the Skin I’m In
- Lucky 7 Dog Rescue
- Mandolin Foundation
- National Railroad Museum
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help
- On Broadway Inc.
- Safe Shelter Inc.
- St. John’s Homeless Shelter
- The Community Blood Center
- The Salvation Army
- Unity Hospice/Resale Shoppe
- Volunteer Center of Brown Co. / AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP / Reading Coaches
- Wisconsin Humane Society – Green Bay Campus
- Young Life Green Bay
- YWCA Green Bay
Looking for a full listing of available volunteer needs from these participating organizations? Click the button below to access the listing on our Get Connected platform. It will be live until Friday, October 8.